Friday, September 25, 2015

#1 A new chapter, Welcome back Japan!

Farewell. Indonesia, Soekarno Hatta Airport.


Even though I looked so happy, honestly I was so sad. See you everyone!

First day in Japan. Tokyo, Akasaka.

We (Me and 2 others INPEX Scholarship Awardees, Indri and Toni) arrived this morning at 8AM Japan time by GA874. My first flight with Garuda Indonesia Airlines, but it wasn't really impressive for me (...) also because of all the turbulence during the flight. But at least i had a better sleep than my friends.


Welcoming by rain!

Our problems, especially my problem is our overweight / over amount of baggage. Because of my overweight baggage I should have add 2 more hand carry bags with me + winter coat for cabin (I put out FORCEFULLY some things from my baggage). Really not convenient at all. So I have total 3 big suitcases (baggage) and 3 hand carry + 1 laptop bag (cabin) with total of 53 kg (I got 46 kg from GA). Zuper. -__-

My 53 kg luggage.

Exit from Haneda Int Airport, Tokyo, we picked up by 3 people from INPEX. One of them is staff from INPEX, Ito-san and 2 others is last year awardees that study in near Tokyo, Irkham and Meidisa. They were super shocked with our baggage. Mine 53, Toni 52 and Indri 45 kg. O-O They said, last year i only brought 20kg~. After saw their faces and then rode 1 taxi for 1 person, i just realized. Our baggage was. too. much.

But think again of it, I really cant decrease anything that I brought, 1 suitcase is my wardrobe, 1 is omiyage or presents, and 1 other is FOOD! Nothing to lose, but yeah we do troublesome for them, because we moved to one place to another today. I was sorry, but I now for sure they are understand :)

Our first destination is the main office of INPEX Japan, located at Akasaka Biz Tower, Akasaka. There, we met our mom of INPEX, Sasa-san. (Ito-san is like Dad of INPEX awardees). And first time , we done a briefing with INPEX, regarding money and others. One of the excess of INPEX scholarship was, they gave us our arrival, first and second months' money in advance on the first day and by cash. So basically we do not need to bring any money from Indonesia. WE LOVE YOU INPEX! <3 div="">


Ito-san and Sasa-san' room.

After a brief meeting with Ito and Sasa-san, we greeted, and had a little conversation with INPEX president, Mr Naoki Kuroda and Mr Wataru Tanaka, the senior vice president. And my first failure, I couldn't answer properly when Mr President asked me about my research project. Because of lacked of sleep, a bit jetlag, tired of moving the baggage and a bit headache.


with the Mr President and Vice President.



Nice view from the office.

After that I can catch up a bit while lunch with Ito-san, Sasa-san, Tanaka-san, and 3 others directors of INPEX. About the lunch, they were really nice because they do consent about our religion, so they prepared halal bento for everyone. And the bento was really すごい Amazing.



After that we took a little rest while chatting with Meidisa, Irkham and Mbak Kholis. Then, we moved to the hotel for check-in. The hotel can be reach by walk supposedly. But because of the rain and our baggage, we took taxi. Really the baggage was troublesome, then another tragedy happened. The cheerful Sasa-san accidentally broke my biggest suitcase's handle. 1 side was broke by my friend 2 years ago, then it not shocked if another part broke again, so I said, "its okay" but she really responsible and found a tape for my luggage. Our tiring noon end at the hotel, but Irkham-san stayed for a bit chit and chat. 


We stayed at The B Hotel Akasaka. The city hotel, low cost, but for me it's already fancy room moreover we got our own private room. 



For today's dinner, Toni left separately, and me and Indri got a guidance from Mba Kholis, and we visited one of halal restaurant in Ikebukuro, The Manhattan Fish Market. Located near to the Ikebukuro east gate. The food was good, plenty, nice atmosphere of interior, and plus they have a place for shalat. Really recommended for muslim!






My first night ended by writing this post. Even only picture, I will try to update each day of my new chapter in Japan. One of my way to activate my passive blog :D

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment