Sunday, September 22, 2013

お好み焼き and コヒ Hunting to Senri-Chuo

Yesterday, on my 4th day living in Osaka (21/09) I went to Senri-Chuo, a biggest station near our dorm area with another friends, ethnically diverse friends, there are Nami from South Korea, Hwei from Singapore, Stef from Netherland, and Esther from Canada but she is Cantonese. It was so fun for me chatting and sharing with another, we even talk about Alcohol and another thing I never talked before. We left dormitory at 12am, mid-day. And Osaka was really hot, even on almost October. We walked to Yamada Station and go to Senri-chuo Station (there is no stop between the station because its near). And yeah, Senri-chuo is a quite big station and lucky us there is a small festival there.

2013-09-21 12.54.502013-09-21 12.50.56100_1553100_1565

Senri-chuo station and the surrounding. There are some people doing a rehearsal before the show.

After arrived, we directly go to お好み焼き (Okonomiyaki) store. Okonomiyaki is Japanese pancake and really famous in Osaka. I often ate Okonomiyaki in Indonesia, but the original one has a different but better taste for me. The store was inside a building. Because the store is quite small, we have to wait for a minute. But there was an interesting machine for us at the front of the store. I don’t know whether using that machine before or after we eat, but I bet we using it after eat because we have to stand inside the machine and there is a smoke that smell like a charcoal, I thought it will remove the Okonomiyaki smell (but I don’t have any idea why they using charcoal smell).

100_1554100_1555

Hwei trying the charcoal smell machine. Hwei said it refreshing, but me and Stef don’t really like the smell. The another photo is the interior of the Okonomiyaki store.

After we got a seat, we order the food, and I’m really glad they understand about my religion, so we don’t order any buta-niku-contained food. We order 卵 (Tamago/Egg) Okonomiyaki, and one Okonomiyaki that only containing vegetable only. And one Yakisoba, and one Modanyaki (Modern Okonomiyaki). Modanyaki is Yakisoba that turn into Okonomiyaki. And in Japan, if we go to the Okonomiyaki store, we must cooked the Okonomiyaki by our self. But because it was our first time, the chef at the restaurant show us first how to make Okonomiyaki. The ingredients was really simple, I think we can make one at home. Finally we finished making our first self cooking Okonomiyaki, Yakisoba, Modanyaki, and then we share it together. Our Okonomiyaki was really delicious! But I don’t really like the taste of Yakisoba there. Hehe.

100_1557

They will give us our order like this, uncooked.

100_1558100_1559100_1562

We mixed everything in the bowl, and cooked it. Waiting for 3 minutes, flip, waiting for 5 minutes, flip again, waiting for 3 mins and put the sweet sauce, mayo and the fish things (I don’t know the name and how to explained it) above the okonomiyaki, and…

2013-09-21 13.45.44

the Okonomiyaki is done!

After ate Okonomiyaki, we went to the another building, electronic goods department store, and looking for the match hand phone for us, but we have not buy them yet. Almost afternoon, we drank at the coffee shop. I didn’t take any interior picture because I worried that will be not polite but the café interior was good, small but have an ethnic style with a western touch. 

100_1567Photo: cafe hunting

The front of coffee shop and me with another (I hate the photo because I got a backlightT-T). We got a special spot because the shop was full so we can use an empty reservation spot. Lucky!

After had a coffee, we went to Daiso, another brand of 100Yen Shop. Daiso in Senri-chuo is bigger than 100Yen Shop at Minami-Senri and the interior was Pink everywhere. Hehe. After finished everything at Senri-chuo we went back to Yamada station and went shopping again to drugstore and KOHYO Supermarket to buy some ingredients for dinner. For last night dinner I didn’t join and give them chance to cook pork, haha. I only cook instant spaghetti for my self last night. Ah yesterday was fun but also tiring. Hihi. I spent yaah a little much money; 400Y (40,000 Rupiah or 4USD) for monorail to Senri-chuo, about 500Y for okonomiyaki, 400Y for coffee, 300Y for shopping. But that’s okay, making friend will need money I think. I hope I can always get along with them and also with another :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment